ST Jeans & Laura Jeans Sew Along day 1
These patterns are your typical jeans style with details such as flat felled seams and topstitching, they allow you to make pants or shorts in denim, twill or another medium weight fabric, and are drafted for boys measurements (the ST jeans) or girls measurements (the Laura jeans). Both include sizes from 3 to 14 years old.
To guide you throughout the construction I've prepared a video Sew Along where you can see every step in detail from start to finish. The Sew Along starts today, and will last 11 days.
Oh, and did you know that making one of these jeans for children is exactly the same as making jeans for an adult? That's right! The construction and techniques are the same, so after you sew some ST jeans or some Laura jeans you'll be able to sew any other jeans pattern that you want. ;-)
Starting today, and for 11 days, I'll be posting a new video each day on YouTube with each step of the jeans construction.
To follow along, both the Super Tough Jeans and Laura Jeans patterns will be on sale for 30% off with code "Sewalong2020" until 15th of October.
If you want to join the Sew Along and make some ST jeans or Laura jeans, please share photos of your make on Instagram or in Suco by Susana's group on Facebook, and you can win a Suco by Susana pattern of your choice.
But if you don't want to sew along this time, there's no problem because the videos will always be available on YouTube.
Hop on over to YouTube and watch today's videos.
Sew Along schedule:
- Day 1: Getting started and gather your supplies
- Day 2: Cutting the fabric
- Day 3: Sewing the back yoke
- Day 4: Sewing the back pockets
- Day 5: Sewing the center back with a flat felled seam
- Day 6: Sewing the front pockets
- Day 7: Installing the zipper
- Day 8: Sewing the knee patches (optional)+ Assembling the front and back, and hemming
- Day 9: Making the belt loops
- Day 10: Making the adjustable waistband
- Day 11: Finishing steps: installing the button, inserting the elastic and finishing the belt loops
- Bonus video: How to blend sizes
Photography credit: Poetic Light Photography